Friday, July 11, 2008

Bring 'Em On!

Bring ‘Em On

The last time I wrote about my venture into video gaming, spurred on by taunts from my granddaughter, it was a dismal story of having a Wii game but no tv to play it on.

The accompanying photo was a sorry picture of an empty tv stand with a tv co axial cable but no tv to connect it to, a brand new Wii game system still in its box.

Just look at me now two months later!


There’s a plasma tv (ok, it’s not that 50 inch monster I had been thinking of, fortunately, because it would have overwhelmed my livingroom: no Home Theater here). There’s a cable box, HD if you please, and it is connected. Somewhere at the back of the tv, hidden as best I could, is a tangle of cables and wires linking me to the gaming world.

And there’s all that wonderful Nintendo Wii gear hooked up in front!

I even have my own Mii.



For you unfortunate readers who don’t have a Mii, that’s my Avatar for playing the games. Get your own Wii, create your Mii and you will be able to play with me (it all rhymes, by the way: Me, Wii, Mii) over the internet. Is this a wonderful world or not, huh? Huh?

No wonder why a certain world leader, who will remain unnamed here, flush with fascination at his toys, would proclaim, as I do now:

Bring ‘Em On!



Except that my formidable opponents are some sub-teenage granddaughters just waitng to knock the head off my Avatar in the boxing ring.

I hope the Wii designers included a virtual ambulance to cart my Avatar off to the ER.

2 comments:

JALAN REBUNG said...

Hi Louis,

What a nice plasma TV. I personally think that games (PS2 and others) do make our life more exciting. And playing with you grand kids ...well that's priceless

RIZAL

louis said...

Yes, it's fun playing with the grandkids, Rizal, but they are tough opponents :)

I wasn't interested in video games, but this new technology in which you have to use body movements, and in which your body movements do influence what happens on screen, is a marked improvement. I am getting some needed exercise playing these games.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, United States

Blog Archive