Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hard to Refuse This Offer!

Hard to Refuse an Offer Like This

The other day I received an offer in the mail.

It was for a discount on my cremation, but, "You have to Hurry!"

Hurry and do what, I wondered:

Vote Republican?
Increase my intake of cholesterol-laden junk foods?
Leap from a tall building with a single bound?
Return the stamped, return addressed envelope with the bonus box for a KristianKremationKit checked? (it has to be spelled with "K's" or we C-average U.S. Regular Mainstream Folk (hey, the whole GOP strategy assumes we are such) can't relate to it.)

Shouldn't be wasting time like this. Gotta Hurry. Or the whole offer will go up in smoke.

8 comments:

Pak Zawi said...

Louis,
Some business that is. I just refuse to entertain such mails. Death is not something to be made a joke of.

Anonymous said...

Hurry up, as in the army, and wait!

louis said...

Hi Zawi,

Here the idea is to "monetize" everything, and they wouldn't miss the opportunity to "monetize" the most certain market, would they :)?

louis said...

Ric,

That's an ingenious application of that dictum. Hilarious!

JALAN REBUNG said...

louis,

creative thinking but the situation is totally not correct.

rizal

louis said...

Hi Rizal,

Competition does tend to make businesses innovative, and that may be good for the customer.

In this case, though, as you noticed, it led to a rather bizarre offer, although I trust they didn't really mean for the customer to go and hasten his/her demise :)

I had a good laugh at that thought.

Hjh Nazli Abbas said...

Hi Louis,

It is U.S. of A . . I'm not surprised! So funny lah!

louis said...

Indeed :)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, United States

Blog Archive