Friday, May 7, 2010

Out of the Box

Usually "Out of the Box" refers to a way of thinking.

Today it had its literal meaning for me, as I eagerly took my new iPad out of its box and became acquainted with my new, shall we say, device, rather than "toy"?

This will be a very short blog, because as you see in the photo, I am syncing it with my computer and then I am going to spend an uninterrupted time putting it through its paces. I know that time will be uninterrupted because my spouse is doing the same with hers, which also was delivered today. At least she has a good rationale for getting hers: it's Mothers' Day this weekend. On the other hand I have no such excuse for mine, but I'll find one.

I guess we'll be having just a virtual dinner this evening, or a trip to MacDonald's.

8 comments:

Pak Idrus said...

Louis, I guess that you are playing with this new toy all nightlong and forgot about dinner. Steve knew that we all love new toy and that is the main reason he made the iPad. Take care.

louis said...

You guessed correctly. And I expect to learn that you have become addicted to the iPad too as soon as your grandchildren start telling you how cool it is, Idrus.

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Congratulations, dear Louis and iPad! I wish you both every happiness! ;o)

louis said...

CO'78.
Thanks for your good wishes.

I think my iPad and I will be a good pair :)

BTW I am sending this from my iPad.

Unknown said...

Have fun, iDad...

louis said...

I am having a lot of iFun, Lise...get yourself an iPad and you'll see.

Guanaguanare said...

Louis,
Tell us what you like the most about the iPad. I haven't been paying attention to the features and a review from a user would be useful.

I'm sending you an article that suggests that the damage to the environment from the most recent oil spill may be less than is widely feared. Interesting also because it mentions T&T.

A little context for the BP oil spill: It isn't the Apocalypse. by Ken Ringle.

By the way, I love this new blog layout. Very inviting.

Blessings

louis said...

Guanaguanare,

Thanks for your comment, compliment and article about the oil spill. I will get to that latter a bit later.

For now, I'd like to point you to my latest blog:
http://louis-hopscotch.blogspot.com/2010/05/but-is-it-book.html

which is a response to your query about the iPad.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, United States

Blog Archive